We all do it when the new year strikes midnight. We make some resolutions, or promises to ourselves that we plan to do for the year.
Often they are about losing weight, doing more exercise, being nice to neighbors or learning to make that special meal for your loved one. But how about new year resolution for you & your motorcycle?
Here are a few you may want to consider. Don’t take all of them, since you’ll never get all done, and it’ll end a disappointment.
- Clean the motorcycle regularlyIt’s a pain, but it’s the best for you and your bike. Often we start cleaning at the beginning, but towards the end of the season, it’s quickly forgotten.
- Check your tire pressure before setting out – alwaysTire pressure is important, and even if it’s a visual inspection, it’s better than nothing. You should really do it every ride, but as humans we’re lazy. Better commit to doing it.
- Ride more, preferably to workNothing beats riding, even to work. But when we get tired from work, you get lazy and take a cage. But remember when riding your motorcycle you will feel so much better.
- Make those long awaited upgradesOften put off, why not get that extra gear or upgrade and install it. You’ll thank yourself afterwards?
- Learn to fix and maintain your bikeIf you don’y know how, how about a course to learn to fix your own bike? It’ll save you money in the long run, and it’s gratifying.
- Take advanced or refresher motorcycle riding courseYou can never learn enough or train enough. Be a safe rider.
- Get your racing licenseEven if you don’t plan to race, learning to race means you learn to control your bike under difficult circumstances.
- Do more track timeIf you like riding fast, knock yourself out (not physically please) on a track. Get your adrenaline flowing.
- Go to a big motorcycle event (Sturgis, MotoGP, Le Mans)If you’ve never been, GO! It’s like going to Mecca for your once in a lifetime pilgrimage.
- Ride a motorcycle charity run (like Toys for Tots, etc)Be good and help others.
No matter what your new year’s resolutions are, have a great and happy new year, and most important, ENJOY.